stat counnnter

Thursday, April 19, 2007

New Animal Planet Series

As readers of my site may have guessed by now from my plugging of other nature series, I like nature shows. I have about 90 or so tapes from the 80s when people like Ben Wattenberg and George Page et al were narrating shows for PBS and others. So, for the benefit of the nature lovers among my readers, I want to announce that this coming Saturday April 21st, the Animal Planet network is doing a series on the arrival of spring. According to the email I received:
Beginning this Saturday, April 21, 2007, at 8 PM (ET/PT), Animal Planet debuts Spring Watch USA, a four-week, as-it-happens, multi-media, nationwide event. Filmed just prior to broadcast, this miniseries is a celebration of the arrival and beauty of spring across the nation. Hosted by Jeff Corwin (The Jeff Corwin Experience, Corwin’s Quest) and Vanessa Garnick (Caught In The Moment), viewers learn about the amazing mammals, birds and insects that herald the arrival of spring.
I don't know if there will be any climate change promos in this but the Animal Planet shows that I have watched have been pretty good about keeping nature and politics apart.

I am recommending this series because it looks initially like it could be a positive, uplifting, life-on-this-earth-is-good kind of documentary. There is promotional material here which includes 3 very short videos. (although I had some trouble with the sound I hope you don't.)

3 comments:

Rod.Induction said...

I forgot to ask. What's you e-mail addrees, Mike? Mine is rodfitts@umich.edu.

Michael Neibel said...

Roderick, go to my personal profile and there will be an email link. I just enabled it. It must have been bumped off somehow when I switched to New Blogger.

Anonymous said...

Anyone that opens with a quote from Ayn Rand has my undivided attention. i want to exchange more information about objectivism with someone who is, well, is maybe like you. It is not because you advertize no theory throwing, although that makes it very nice. It is because you have a "take." It is all about the perception and yours is very interesting. Have gone through Hannah Arendt and/or Umberto Eco with a surviving opinion? Gee. Thanks, Vera Deara.