stat counnnter

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Sunday Silliness

Heh. Rational Jenn links to a site where you can see how much and to whom some of your neighbors are donating to political campaigns this election cycle. Jenn advises:
Wouldn't that be a good ice-breaker at parties? "Hey, Bob! I saw you donated $500 to Hillary Clinton! I had no idea you were one of those!" And then smoothly move on to the bean dip, while Bob is wondering if you work for the government or possibly Mitt Romney's campaign.
I can see where that would liven up a party.

I checked my zip code but nobody on my street donated a cent to anyone. If you were to ask one of my mostly lower middle-class, red-neckish neighbors why they didn't donate to a campaign, you would probably get something like "Why should I give some of my hard earned money to multi-millionairs?" Impeccable logic.
**************************************************************************

Gus Van Horn links to two quizes also at RJ's. I took the animal one and discovered I'm a groundhog.


You Are A: Groundhog!

groundhogGroundhogs are cuddly-looking and timid mammals that eat mostly grass, seeds, and other vegetation. As a groundhog you will rarely stray far from your burrow and will run in the face of danger, but you will defend their home fiercely from predators. Groundhogs are even given their own holiday in the US, during which a groundhog is said to predict how long winter weather will last!

You were almost a: Turtle or a Bear Cub
You are least like a: Squirrel or a Chipmunk
Take the Cute Animal Test

A tad less flattering than I'd hoped but ok I guess.

There is another which asks which Harry Potter character are you? But I decided not to take that one.

A groundhog?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your being a groundhog has something to do with the fact that Ayn Rand's birthday is on Groundhog Day.

So be proud.

Michael Neibel said...

Anon:

Good point. I feel better already.
Thanks.