stat counnnter

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Calling All Students!

Capitalism Magazine has an open letter by C Bradley Thompson to students who have read or are about to read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Mr. Bradley says in part:
If you are a high school or a college student reading "Atlas Shrugged" for the first time, I hope you will do just one thing: Don't base your judgment of "Atlas Shrugged" on what your professors or I say or think positively or negatively. Instead, ask yourself--repeatedly--one question as you read "Atlas Shrugged": Are Ayn Rand's ideas true or not? And there is only one person who can answer this question: YOU!
This is so true. Objectivism doesn't want people to believe its principles. It wants people to know them. One does that by considering, studying and researching them, but by all means, arriving at their own conclusions. This attribute was the main impetus that kept me reading Ms. Rand's books until I did arrive at my own conclusion. I am now trying to live my life according to objectivist principles. And I very much enjoy it.

No comments: