stat counnnter

Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering

On this 5th anniversary of 9/11 I decided to watch a 43 minute video put together by MEMRI which I found at Principles in Practice.

While I think it is good to remember and honor those who died that day, I also think their deaths require another course of action--to balance the scales of justice. So far, under Bush, this is not happening.

That is why looking into the face of naked evil may strengthen our resolve to get those scales balanced by destroying those states that sponsor jihad against the West, Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia.

***************************************

On 9/11 2001, I came home from working the midnight shift and turned on the tv only to see the twin towers smoking. As I watched, the news people were reporting on another plane hitting the Pentagon. "Wow" I thought, "This is war." "This has got to mean the end of terrorist nations like Iran and Saudi Arabia." When Bush said something to the effect of "They will hear from all of you soon" I was behind him 100%.

But I began to lose confidence in his moral resolve when I heard that he changed the name of the Afgan operation by dropping the word Justice because it offended the feelings of Muslims who hold that only Allah can dispense justice. In doing so Bush was in fact agreeing that America does not have the right to administer justice, and by implication, was acting unjustly by attacking Afganistan.

I lost even more confidence in him when I heard he had our military follow bombing raids with peanut butter sandwich drops! It was like Bush was saying "Hee hee, just kidding. Didn't mean it." This had to convince the Taliban that Americans are moral weaklings confused about what they stand for. Well, as far as the educated class is concerned, they are.

1 comment:

Myrhaf said...

Like you, Mike, I had worked all night and was climbing into bed to get some sleep when a friend called and told me to turn on the TV. I didn't get much sleep that day. My subsequent thinking went through much the same process as yours.